- Tue, 2014-09-30 11:27 — bnewell_2000@ya...
This year's race is Sunday, October 26th, 2014 starting at 9am. Remember no race day registration, so sign up early! Find information about the race and the registration page here: http://secondwindrunningclub.org/races/allerton
- Wed, 2014-07-09 10:00 — npaulsonFall Road Trip Race: Monumental Marathon in IndianapolisSecond Wind is once again planning a fall road trip for the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon weekend. Monumental falls on Saturday November 1st this year, and offers both full and half marathon options, a 5k, and a kids fun run.More information is available at the Monumental website: http://www.
monumentalmarathon.com/We encourage all Second Wind members to register for one of the events and plan on making the trip to Indianapolis in November. Plans will be made for members to get together both before and after the race. Monumental is a flat and fast course, and Second Wind members have achieved a number of PRs and had a great time with each other the past two years in Indy.Summer/Fall Distance RunsThe club will be sponsoring a series of summer/fall distance training runs targeting Monumental. Distance runs will begin on July 26th. Aid (water and gatorade) will be provided. All distance runs begin promptly at 7am; please plan on arriving a few minutes early to sign in with the run host. The full schedule is provided below:
- Saturday, July 26: 14 miles, Hessel Park – Elm Street Pavilion
- Saturday, August 9: 16 miles, Meadowbrook Park – Windsor Parking Lot
- Saturday, August 23: 18 miles, Lake of the Woods Bike Path – Crowley Road Parking Lot
- Saturday, September 6: 20 miles, Hessel Park – Elm Street Pavilion
- Saturday, September 20: 20 miles, location still TBD
- Saturday, October 4: 20 miles, Hessel Park – Elm Street Pavilion
- Saturday, October 18: 14 miles, Hessel Park – Elm Street Pavilion
- Sunday, October 26: Allerton Park Trail Run
- Saturday, November 1: Indy Monumental Marathon, Half-Marathon, and 5k