Second Wind is a social club open to anyone interested in running or walking for health, fitness or performance. The goal of the club is to support running through social events, local races, companions for exercise or racing, and providing support, information and advice.
NEW for 2016!
Individual membership to SWRC is now available to individuals 10 years and older. Children under 10 years old may now become members as long as they are on a family membership in which at least one member is 18 or older. All individual members should provide an email address at the time of registration.
Family membership to SWRC is available to families of two or more individuals, and at least one member must be 18 or older. At least one email address should be included with family memberships.
NEW MEMBERS: All new members MUST provide their age at the time of creating or renewing membership. This includes the ages of all those within a family membership. If ages are not provided, the membership will not be honored.
CONTINUING MEMBERS: If you are already a member and would like to add your children to your membership, send the membership coordinator the names and ages of your children. You do not need to send any money. The end date of a child’s membership will be the same as the end date of the parent or guardian. At your renewal date, all family members will be given the same end date.
The annual membership for individuals membership is $20; a family membership is $30. Membership begins when your online membership or paper membership and check is received. Membership runs for 12 months.
Join/Renew Online (No fee to pay by credit card)
Please be sure and fully complete the membership form. Because of insurance purposes we cannot make you a club member without your complete name, address, phone number and date of birth. E-mail addresses are not required but if one is not given, we will be unable to contact you concerning club functions, upcoming runs and other events.
If you are signing up but using somebody else's credit card or If you are paying by credit card but signing up for somebody else, I need to know the club member's name. Our credit card processor (PayPal) only shows the name of the person who paid, nothing else. So without this new member's name, I will have no idea they are now in the club. Thank you.
Richard Brannon, Membership, Second Wind Running Club, email@example.com
Join/Renew US Mail
Download the MEMBERSHIP FORM at the bottom of the page, and mail the completed form and your check to:
Second Wind Running Club, P.O. Box 6082, Champaign, Illinois 61826
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- $2.00 discount off entry fees for the four SWRC sponsored races per year: Clinton Lake Trail Run, Buffalo Trace, Women’s Fitness and Allerton Park Trail Run.
- Weekly fun runs every Tuesday. For more information, visit the "Run With Us" page.
- Thursday evening trail run at Lake of the Woods Park in Mahomet
- Twice yearly parties (Fall and Spring) where the Club pays for Pizza, salad and soft drinks
- Annual member awards and recognition dinner held every January. The Club pays the majority of the cost for this dinner
- May through September speed-work sessions that meet on Wednesday evenings at 6:00 p.m. Visit the "Run with Us" page for more details
- Supported distance training during the summer that meets every other weekend for long runs on well-marked routes.
- "In Passing" magazine: Club members receive "In Passing" magazine, the Club's well written running newsletter every other month. The brochure is written by Club members and is quite informative and interesting to read.
- Discounts on purchases at the Body ‘n Sole running store located in the Savoy Shopping Center.
Please contact Richard Brannon at firstname.lastname@example.org