Second Wind is a social club open to anyone interested in running or walking for health, fitness or performance. The goal of the club is to support running through social events, local races, companions for exercise or racing, and providing support, information and advice.
The annual membership for individuals membership is $20; a family membership is $30. Membership begins when your online membership or paper membership and check is received, and runs for 12 months.
Join/Renew Online (No fee to pay by credit card)
Join/Renew US Mail
Download the MEMBERSHIP FORM at the bottom of the page, and mail the completed form along with a check to:
Second Wind Running Club
P.O. Box 6082
Champaign, IL 61826
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- $2.00 discount off entry fees for the four SWRC sponsored races per year: Clinton Lake Trail Run, Buffalo Trace, Women’s Fitness and Allerton Park Trail Run.
- Weekly fun runs every Tuesday. For more information, visit the "Run With Us" page.
- Thursday evening trail run at Lake of the Woods Park in Mahomet
- Twice yearly parties (Fall and Spring) where the Club pays for Pizza, salad and soft drinks
- Annual member awards and recognition dinner held every January. The Club pays the majority of the cost for this dinner
- May through September speed-work sessions that meet on Wednesday evenings at 6:00 p.m. Visit the "Run with Us" page for more details
- Supported distance training during the summer that meets every other weekend for long runs on well-marked routes.
- "In Passing" magazine: Club members receive "In Passing" magazine, the Club's well written running newsletter every other month. The brochure is written by Club members and is quite informative and interesting to read.
- Discounts on purchases at the Body ‘n Sole running store located in the Savoy Shopping Center.
Please contact Richard Brannon at email@example.com